Sunday, February 28, 2010

COMMUNITY SPIRIT(S)

Higgins Wine and Spirits right here in Dover is the perfect blend of what all a local store offers in spirit and knowledge but with the selection you might find at a big store. They offer tastings and want the customer to be happy. Sometimes I think they can read minds. The other night, I ran in to grab a bottle of red wine and Tammy Lomenzo directed me to a new one they had in that she thought I might like. She also let me know that they had a limited supply and it was flying off the shelf so if I liked it to let her know and she’d set some aside for me. I loved it – as did those I shared it with – and called her the next day to secure more! Who else looks out for customers like that? Higgins has long supported of the Dover Library - they have helped us with fundraisers, donating their time to events such as Oktoberfest this past fall, and they are a presence on the Holiday House Tours, dispensing knowledge (and coupons!). And they are showing their support for us once again, with a $25 gift card for our Bee Tree. Whomever gets this item is lucky indeed; with the knowledgeable staff at Higgins to help you make a purchase, the only hard part will be narrowing down the choices of what great things to buy!

No comments: